@DJCHARLEEBROWN 832-890-5136

@DJCHARLEEBROWN 832-890-5136
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pimp C Threatened With Prison For Not Doing Radio Station Concert, Audio Reveals

Pimp C Threatened With Prison For Not Doing Radio Station Concert, Audio Reveals



Written by: Trill Chris
Houston rapper Trae Tha Truth may not have much local support from artists regarding his radio station ban, but he is receiving much bigger support from up above.

It’s been nearly three years since Pimp C tragically passed away in a California hotel room, but his voice is making headlines once again. At a recent mixtape listening session for Trae’s upcoming “Cant Ban Tha Truth”, audio was revealed that shows a dark side to the politics and business behind corporate owned radio stations. It appears that Trae is not the only rapper who has had problems with Radio One-owned 97.9 The Box and it’s program director, Terri Thomas.
Shortly after Pimp C was released from prison at the end of 2005, he was approached by Terri Thomas and the box to do a concert in Houston. He was asked for UGK to open up for Baby and Wayne, but Pimp didn’t like the sound of that – which was revealed in the recently released audio.
“I’m fixing to go on a fuck 97.9 spree on that bitch. Waiting to see if my fans fall off from not coming to that funky ass show” Pimp starts off in the audio. “Bitch, you can’t ever think that young Pimp gonna come somewhere for free and open up for some n*ggas. You got me all the way fucked up…Do you think that UGK is supposed to open up for anybody in the city of Houston, mayne?”
Apparently, Thomas didn’t respect Pimp’s decision and threatened him if he did not do as she asked.
“That Bitch threatened to send me back to the penitentiary when I told her I wouldn’t open up for Baby and Wayne” Pimp revealed in the audio. “The bitch was so mad at me she threatened to call my P.O. and tell the bitch I terroristically threatened her” Pimp continued. “Let me tell you something, when you stop playing peoples records because they don’t do your free shows that’s reverse payola, and that’s a lawsuit against whoever own that shit [the radio station]…When it really get jiggy and it gets on BET News that the radio stations is forcing n*ggas into doin shows or they don’t play they records. Boo Wee wee, you know what I’m talkin bout?… The bitch knew that and that’s why the bitch tried to send me back to the pen. I didn’t tell her nothing about doin no bodily harm to her or doin nothing to that woman. I’ve got no violence in me. I’m still trying to take care of my kids. This broad was actually going to call my p.o. and tell these people I terroristically threatened her…I don’t threaten people I’m not no gangster, I’m a rapper and to send me back to prison because I didn’t wanna do no funky ass show is not right mayne.”
At press time, Terri Thomas or a Radio One representative was not available for a statement. Keep It Trill will keep you posted on further updates and will be leaking a 30 second clip of the audio tomorrow (Monday 8/23).
You can’t ban the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment